Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mine Venner i Danmark- My Friends in Denmark

I have been so lucky this month! Usually November is sort of a cold, boring month except for Thanksgiving. But this year, I've spent my November with my whole family, and several friends from home coming to see me in Denmark.
For Thanksgiving, Eliza Giroux flew from Vermont to Copenhagen to see me! She spent almost a full week here at my host family's house, and I got to show off my new city.

The day after she came, Krysti and Jessica came to Copenhagen! Krysti has been studying in Berlin, and Jessica flew out to have a tour of Europe with her. So the four of us girls had a lot of fun seeing the sights of Copenhagen, trying all the Danish food (smørrebrød, pastries, Christmas treats, cider, pølser...), and trying out a Danish club. I took them to see the Little Mermaid (Den lille havfrue)--which I still hadn't seen! She's been in Shanghai up until recently, at the World Expo. We walked on Strøget, checked out the Nyhavn Christmas market, visited Christiania, the Black Diamond, and the Danish Museum of Resistance.
Then, to continue my fun week of visitors, Marion came to Copenhagen on Saturday! She could only stay one night, but it was a good night to pick :-). Eliza and I made an entire Thanksgiving Dinner for 8 people. Neither or us had cooked a turkey before, or several of the other dishes. There weren't any big catastrophes- actually it was quite a success! Some little things went wrong...like I bought some weird vegetable when I thought I was getting sweet potatoes. But it was still delicious! For dessert, of course, we had two pies: pumpkin and apple.
The day after Thanksgiving, Eliza, Marion and I spent a great day in Tivoli. Right now, it's completely decorated for Christmas. There are lights everywhere, a Christmas market, elves playing Christmas songs, ice sculptures, Christmas glog and æbleskiver (a Christmas dessert/pastry), and many other things!

No comments:

Post a Comment