Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Too much to say, so far behind

So I've missed about a month's worth of events on my blog, sorry that I'm so far behind! I had a couple of weeks of school that were hectic because we had a lot of duedates then. I enjoyed a fun weekend with Fiona Allen, who came to visit for the weekend. It was so nice to see another Vermonter!
Then I enjoyed TWO WEEKS of break! Mom, Dad, Brian and Emily all flew to Copenhagen, and I spent half a week showing off my new city with them and my host family. There was much tower climbing, a lot of eating (including a big brunch with my host family), a lot of Danish beer sampling, and not nearly enough sleeping.
In Norway the five of us explored Bergen, Oslo and Drammen. We took trains, busses, and a boat to explore the Norweigan fjords which were gorgeous. It's a completely different kind of beauty from Vermont, with lots of waterfalls, lakes, tall cliffs, cute houses with grass roofs, and a very old feel to everything. We all loved it! And of course, getting to see Mom's Norwegian host family was a highlight. We met and remet so many friends, enjoyed lots of big Norwegian meals with reindeer, salmon, pølser, goats milk cheese and of course aquevit.
Then it was on to see our next adopted European family! We (except Brian, he had to fly back to work) stayed with Marion and her family in Northern France. Again, everyone was so hospitable. We spent days in Bruges, Paris, and Lille. While we were there, we celebrated Marion's birthday with her family! This included a surprise (surprise for my family, everyone else knew what was going on!) dinner at the cabaret! What an experience, everyone had a great time singing to the songs, waving our napkins, and watching the performances.

And now I'm back in Copenhagen with my host family, and starting to realize how much work I have to do in the next couple of weeks! I miss the Colorado College block plan, where we only have one big thing due at a time. But, I have Thanksgiving to look forward too, with visits from Eliza, Marion, Jessica, Phil and Krysti!!!

I'm only putting a few pictures on this post, but there are ton on my facebook to see.

***To get a much better, much more detailed, post on our trip, look at my Dad's blog. He's way better about blogging than I am!!!***

1 comment:

  1. Laura, thanks for a great trip! Lots of good times that we'll always remember. It was wonderful to reconnect with old friends and to meet new friends. The sights were wonderful. And the beer, too!

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete