Friday, October 22, 2010

Brunch!

Food is always a fun thing to talk about. I had my first Danish brunch on the weekend I got back from England. It was so pleasant, and a LOT of food! The Danes all think it's very American to have big brunch, which I agree, but I can't say I've ever had one this big. My picture is from before the table was fully set, so you can't quite see the extent of the dishes. The plates didn't all fit on the table, and throughout the meal more things kept coming out the ovening!

I contributed by cooking American pancakes, with apple, and banana bread muffins. They were enjoyed, but the Danes don't eat as many sweet things for breakfast as we do. Our dishes included the typical "bøller", which are a certain kind of rolls, omlette, a chorizo, egg and cheese tart, scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, fresh fruit, homemade juice, bacon, bacon wrapped around chorizo with mushrooms. Then we had to have four glasses for the juice, water, coffee/tea, and champagne.

Notice the Royal Copenhagen dishes! That's what we use for company.

We had so many leftovers we had all of this again for dinner...though I wasn't hungry again by evening!

I'll be "retailiating" with a traditional American Thanksgiving in a month :-). Marion and Eliza will help me cook up a feast, I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment